Murmansk born and bred, V.Bubentsov dedicated his main works to Kolskiy North. “Songs of White Sea”, “Pantry of Khibiny”, “
Many trips over Kola Peninsula, outwards, constant learning of history of native places enrich the subjects of painter’s works.
Every year the routs became more and more various. He has been to Siberia, Crimea, Middle Asia, island Shpitsbergen, worked a lot in Holland and Norway. As a result series of works appeared in each of which different sides of painter’s talent were shown.
The ornamental beginning predominates in Turkmenian motives, rich palette distinguishes Gurzuf landscapes. There are many pictorial and compositional finds in Holland series. Light and artistry made during
The painter made an interesting gallery of portraits. Among his heroes there are lots of people who made an important contribution to the development of our region. The portraits of his wife and daughter are painted with special love and affection.
Despite Bubentsov’s love to the exotics of far away places the main theme in his landscape compositions remains the North. He isn’t tired of picturing Murmansk, Kola bay, hills, rocks, lakes and old
The painter realizes himself fully in thematic picture. The works of the last years – “the Apple Savior”, “Songs of White sea”, “Roads to the temple” – are full of deep spiritual meaning, inner stress. V.Bubentsov doesn’t change the realistic manner of painting. Strong picture, attention to the laws of composition and flavor remain the base of his works. After a number of years the palette of the painter became lighter, more delicate and clear became the space. The loveliest touch of the painter – high point where the picture is seen from the bird’s flight altitude fills the paintings with epic scale.
Works of Vitaly Bubentsov are famous far from Kola Peninsula. He represents Murmansk region art on the high level art forums, his works are kept in many museums and private collections in Russia and abroad. The painter hands on his experience to the students of Murmansk State Pedagogical University.Short biography:
- was born in Murmansk February, 12, 1994.
1958-1963– studying in Leningrad Art school of V.V.Serov. 1963-1966– military service. 1966-1972– studying in Leningrad Art Institute of I.E.Repin, Studio of monumental art.
- 1972 – came to Murmansk.
- 1973 – was taken to Art Union.
- 1978 – 1st awarded laureate of Murmansk committee of Komsomol for the series of works about Murman.
1978-1983– the main painter of Murmansk. 1983-1992– chairman of Murmansk board of Unity of Painters RF.
- 1995 – awarded laureate of Murmansk region for the series of works “Kola North”.
- 2001 – was given a title of Honored Artist of Russia.
Works are kept in:
- Murmansk region Art museum,
- Murmansk regional museum of Local Lore,
- Board of exhibitions of Art fund RF,
- Board of exhibitions of MK RF (Moscow),
- Central museum of old Russian culture and art of A. Rublev,
- Pskov State
museum-reserveof history, architecture and art,
- Regional museum of Sebezha, Pskov region,
- Art museum of Latvia (Riga),
- Vologda region
- Museum of landscape of Plyos, Ivanovo region,
- City exhibition Hall in Petrozavodsk (Karelia),
picture-galleries(village Podtyosovo, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Rodnino, Altai Territory, Privolnaya, Krasnodar Territory);
- galleries of FNIK society in Luleo (Sweden),
- private collections in Russia and abroad.
Participation in Exhibitions:
- “Youth of the country”, 1877, Moscow;
- “Youth exhibition “Guards of the Soviet Union”,1978, Moscow;
- “Homeland”, 1978, Minsk;
- “Exhibition of
water-colors”, 1978, 1981, 1984, Moscow;
- “Blue roads of the Fatherland”, 1979, Moscow;
- “Through the homeland”, 1981, Moscow; 1987, Leningrad;
- Exhibition of the group of
water-colourpainters, 1985, Moscow;
- “Through the homeland”, 1972, Moscow;
- “Youth of Russia”, 1977, Moscow;
- “Monumental art”, 1977, Kazan;
- “Painters of Russia to fishermen”, 1977, Astrahan, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Moscow;
- “The Nature and we”, 1980, Moscow, Leningrad, Murmansk;
- “Drawing and
water-colors”, 1983, Leningrad;
- “Blue expanses of Russia”, 1983, Moscow;
- “We have rushed Peace, let’s keep it”, 1985, Moscow;
- “Painter and time”, 1987, Moscow;
- “Russia”, 1999, Moscow;
- “To your name…”, 2000, Moscow;
- “Image of Homeland”, 2002, Kirov;
- “School. Teacher. Art.”, 2004, Cheboksary;
- “Russia – X”, 2004, Moscow;
- “Image of Homeland”, 2006, Vologda;
- “Soviet North”, 1974, Vologda; 1979, Syktyvkar;
- “Artists of the North”, 1989, Murmansk;
- “Russian North”, 1998, Kirov; 2003, Vologda;
- “Zeleny shum”, 2000, Plyos, Ivanovo region;
- “Sport” – exhibition of the painters of northwestern Russia, 2005, Murmansk;
- Academic traveling exhibition “
North-Westof Russia”, dedicated to 250 anniversary of Russian Academy of Art, Syktyvkar, Murmansk, Archangelsk, Petrozavodsk, Saint-Petersburg;
- since 1969, Murmansk;
- “Artists of Murman”, 1985, Archangelsk;
- “Graphics of Zapolyarye”, 1986, Riga;
- “Artists of Zapolyarye”, 1986, Petrozavodsk;
- “Artists of Zapolyarye”, 2005, Vologda;
- “Exhibition of the participants of
all-unioncreative group of sea-scapepainters”, 1977, Arkhangelsk;
- “Exhibition of
water-colourpainters”, 1985, Moscow;
- “Exhibition of the painters of symposium “Experimental
- “Exhibition dedicated to 60 anniversary of the Great Victory”, 2005, Moscow;
- “Aquabienale”, 2004, 2006, Petrozavodsk;
- Exhibitions of Murmansk artists, 1985, Sweden; 1989, Norway; 1999, Holland;
- 1978, 1990, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, Murmansk and cities of the region;
- 1972, 1978, 1993, Finland;
- 1986, Sweden;
- 1992, 1994, Holland;
- 2004, 2005, Norway.